GREYHOUND Package Express Nightmare and-And a Great Way To Ship Large Items

Started by Bubba, 2010-08-11 10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
I recently purchased a hood from a fellow 57 Ford enthusiast in NC.
We tried to have the hood shipped via Greyhound Package Express.
After waiting over 2 weeks, and being unable to find anyone at Greyhound who could provide a status.
we found out the hood was STILL sitting at the originating depot in Winston Salem.
After over 2 weeks, and taking the money to ship the hood they [Greyhound] decided the package was too large.  NOTE: I've gotten even larger parts via Greyhound before without a hitch.
I WON'T EVER USE GREYHOUND AGAIN! 
Now for the good news.
The shipper contacted Uship http://www.uship.com/?&mkwid=SqtP3ubu8|pcrid|1997588449&gclid=CKr3z6_YsaMCFUsJ2god9WtA3g
We got the cheapest price via their on line service.  They picked up the package in the evening and it was delivered to me the next morning!!! AMAZING!!! I encourage you to try them for large items, and perhaps smaller parts as well
BuBBa

Frankenstein57

Bubba, my cousin in Santa Barbara was good enough to sell me some West coast tin. We shipped everything under the bus via greyhound, no problems. I'm thinking the size of the hood didn't work well with the port your hood stalled at. We shipped fenders , inner fenders, tailgate. Aside from one fender spending Christmas in Chicago, all went well. I also bought some stuff from a guy in California who uses greyhound , again with no issues. So don't give up hope. Mark

wildhog

I HAD A PAIR OF 56 FORD TRUCK FENDERS SHIPPED FROM CALIF. BY GREYHOUND BUS WORKED GREAT FOR ME. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Bubba

Bros:
I too had used Greyhound previously to receive a 57 Ford and it came from AZ without a hitch.
Apparently the problem lies not only with the size of the item shipped but where it ships from.
The GH Dude in Winston Salem said the buses that pass through that route weren't large enough to carry the hood. For all I know about GH buses that could be true.  The Uship method worked flawlessly and overnight to my front door.
BuBBa