News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dumb guy 57 - 59 question

Started by Lono, 2010-09-10 13:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Lono

I stumbled onto 2 59 fairlane 500's. One's a 2 door, the other a 4 door.
the 2 door body is shot but interior is really good and the 6 cyl is suppose to run.
My 57 ranchwagon needs an interior, floors and other stuff.

Anyone know if the interior parts would fit over?
Is there much  between the two years that would make it worth picking up these cars as parts?
\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

Lou

For all practical purposes they are the same car. If the 59s are station wagons everything will interchange with your 57 Ranch wagon including the floor pans.

suede57ford

Get the complete steering columns and box including steering wheels out of them!  A must have for all '57 projects.  We need to be saving all the '59 boxes we can for future '57 projects.

I put a '59 wagon front sway bar on my '57.   I had to put nuts in the frame , but it worked out great.

I wouls be interested in a 59 wagon sway bar or two as well.

I would buy new EMS floors for your wagon, as they are new metal and designed to be installed in an existing car more easily than cutting and prep some old ones.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

cool57

Back seat won't work in wagon.

Lono

ah, thanks guys, these are both fairlane 500's

( dont want to say it out loud but man them ugly cars)
\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

Zapato

Quote from: Lono on 2010-09-10 16:02

( dont want to say it out loud but man them ugly cars)

Can't agree with you more, Ford stretched out the design one extra year by piling on a lot of crap on an otherwise clean car.  I've often joked that the 57 chev and the 59 ford suffered from J.C. Whitney-itis. Faced with the decision of making it last an extra year the design group just opened up a JCW catalog and started throwing junk at the car. Surprisingly enough all those doo-dads make both those attractive to many.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72