News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Oil pan help

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2010-10-07 08:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Have decided the engine/transmission combo for the Ranchero.  Going with an 01 Moutianeer 302 and an earlier AOD (91 F-150).  Do need a front sump pan.  Anyone know a source or model one can come from?  Found out when I put the 302 EFI in the 66 Ranchero that the main is smaller with the one piece seal and had to weld two pans together.  That 302 came out of a Continental.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CDN.SD

I'm planning the same swap, (99 Explorer) but have never heard of that being  a problem.

A quick look around the net this morning didn't really turn up any one else having similar problems, and Moroso Etc. don't seem to mention it in their catalogs.

Is there ANY chance that you had a 351W front sump pan?

I'm as anxious as you to find an answer. I REALLY don't need something else to worry about!!!
Necessity is the mother of butchery

canadian_ranchero

the 351w has a bigger rear main so the oil pan is different.ford used the same 302 front sump pan from about 63 to 78, granada to 80.get the oil pick up with the pan so that is correct.you will have to drill/modify the timing chain cover for the dip stick if you keep the late model cover.

Ford Blue blood

If all else is the same it could have well been a 351W, got it from a yard, didn't have to pay for it, so took it home and found the issue.  Just welded the two parts together as the very end of the rear sump pan had the same shape as the front sump.  Thanks much for the info.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CDN.SD

Necessity is the mother of butchery