News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Headliner bows puzzle?

Started by Zapato, 2010-11-11 10:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

My 57 headliner bows were removed and bundled prior to my purchase. Not marked at all as to location, just removed and tied together. Has anyone ever found any kind of reference that will identify them as to order back into the car? Or is it a try and fit till it looks just right? They do all appear to be slightly different. TIA

Zap- :burnout:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

rmk57

The ends of the bows are coloured, blue, red, green, etc. You need a shop car manual to get correct order they go in.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

rmk57

I don't know which model you have,but here is the order for 70 and 73 bodies starting from front to rear.

1. Black
  2. White
  3. blue
  4. Yellow
  5. Red
  6. Green
  7. Aluminum
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Thanks guys mine is that most humble of the species a 2dr custom business coupe.
Zapato

RICH MUISE

Zap...I seem to remember the coloring mentioned by rnk57. I tagged mine when I removed them...If the coloring is there and my numbers are still legible I should be able to tell you which is which. I'll check later tonight.Should be the same as the custom 2dr. I didn't realize you had the buisness coupe..is it a factory 70D with the steel plate in the back, or did you convert it?   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Its the real deal unfortunately the rear shelf is long gone, I'll fab something up for the upholsterer when I get to that point. My personal Holy Grail so to speak.
Zapato

RICH MUISE

my bows are old and rusty but there is still remnants of color on the ends of most of them...we should be able to figure it out...numbered 1-7 (#1 at the front)
#1 (is the shortest one) mine has a little black (factory?) on it and has a wire where it hooks to the roof structure near the windshield.
#2 looks like it was once white
#3 looks like turquoisy blue
#4 yellow
#5 red
#6 green
#7 (by far the longest one) silver
Zap...a few of mine only had paint on the very ends, you may have to look close. Hope this helps.

RICH MUISE

:dumbass: oops...I didn't see rmk57's second post...oh well, at least I know mine are id'd correctly>

Zapato

Rich, no one that steps up to help should ever consider himself a :dumbass:

Zap-
Zapato