News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

NOV.11

Started by wildhog, 2010-11-11 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

NOVEMBER 11TH THANK YOU TO ALL THE VETS AND MAY GOD BLESS
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ford Blue blood

Thank you, would do it again if I could...they won't take us old farts....but I guess 30 was enough.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Wildhog,

You are welcome. I did my duty with pride and professionalism. Not sure I was always the best representative for the USA. We did manage to leave some nasty scars behind yet I never wanted to be remembered as the "ugly american". Yet am sure that impression was left at times. I now apologize to you my fellow countrymen for that.

I'll be honest though and tell you I'd never do it again. Yet my biggest reason for leaving the service was my inability to adapt to peacetime service. If we had still been in it a second hitch would have been done. But no matter my lack of desire for combat at this stage of my life is not based on self preservation but on many unanswered questions. Every vet has them and are as personal and different as every vet.

Once again you're welcome, it was a privilege and honor to serve my adopted country and its citizens I just wish and pray that we never have to put our children and their children thru these constant enactments of HELL on Earth.

To my fellow vets hope you're all having a safe day at home with loved ones.

Zap-   :unitedstates:

Just had to come back and edit this posting. I don't want anyone to believe I'm bitter and as fellow vet reminded me in an e-mail today. Veterans day is a day for vets to remember all those life lessons we learned long ago in lands far away. They made us the men and women we are today. So thank you all for the privilege and honor to serve in uniform many years ago.

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

shopratwoody

Well said Zap. I was lucky and in from 58-62. My younger Bro
was in Nam in 67. 1st Bn 9th marines. Known as the "Walking Dead".
Thanks for your time Man.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Zapato

Ron, my hats off to your brother have met many Nam marines and have realized that several units wore that tag, and they all earned and deserved it. And thanks to both you and your brother for your selfless service.

Zap-
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

I have the deepest RESPECT for all vets. For those who made the ultimate sacrifice and did not return,... and those who returned and carry the scars of their duty.
I instill the importance of Veterans day(or Remembrance Day here) on my family... there is nothing "Free" in Freedom.

I have family members who served... and if you could get them to talk about there experience... the little insight I would get was pure history.
Gentleman...THANK YOU.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com