News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What's The Best Lifting Points For Pulling a 302 Engine?

Started by Bubba, 2011-01-20 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
Getting ready to pull the 302 engine from my 57 Fairlane and was wondering what the best lifting points on the engine for pulling the engine and AOD trans? Most shop manuals willhave a recommended lifting point, unfortunately I don't have a 302 manual.  Any helpful suggestions will be most appreciated.
BuBBa

Ford Blue blood

They came from the factory with a bracket that attached to the front left and right rear exhaust manifold bolts.  They used both bolts on each port.  You can use those with a chain, just make sure the chain is tight against the head surface or the manifold surface.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glen courier

I made a plate that bolts to the carb mounting bolts with an adjustable plate for a shackle. EFI? disregard.

JPotter57

I also use the carb plate, much easier to use than searching for the facotry brackets, or using the old chain and washer to the intake bolts trick.  I saw somewhere a plate to use on EFI engines, removing the upper intake and bolting to the lower intake.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.