News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Hub caps

Started by JimNolan, 2011-01-20 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   I just bought 5 brand new hubcaps off Ebay for my 57. They come in the original boxes, they're FOMOCO and they've never been used. You don't see that every day. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Lou

The boxes they came in are probably worth as much as the hubcaps.

JimNolan

Lou,
   Thanks for telling me that. I plan to only use those hubcaps at Carlisle. I've got some pretty good ones now but they sure aren't new. The boxes will be put up and kept safely. It's taken me a number of years to figure out what is important to keep with the 57. Case in point. When I first got my 57 back in 2004 I took the interior apart and found a punch card stuck in the bottom rear seat. I put it up and gave it no importance. But, I can't find it now. If I had known then what I know now, it would be displayed with the car at the shows. Jim

Zapato

Quote from: Lou on 2011-01-20 18:27
The boxes they came in are probably worth as much as the hubcaps.

Nothing has any worth unless someone is willing to open their wallet. But good find nevertheless, by any chance was the seller from Washington? Was offered a set in the box a little over a year ago, the seller was trying to actually establish worth. But was willing to give me first shot at them. That 2 sets have recently surfaced makes me wonder a bit, were your boxes original FOMOCO parts? I'd be curious on what they were worth.

Zap-  :grandpaSimpson:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JimNolan

Zapato,
   The guy is from Eugene, Oregon. The hub caps were bought from the Ford dealership there in Feb of 78. This is the information on them.
(A beautiful full set of (5) stainless, 14-inch Ford hubcaps with Cream background. Purchased in 1978 locally here in Eugene, Oregon from Kendall Ford.  These are brand new, never used & are inside their factory boxes. Each box has a part number B7A on the tag, as well as the date of 02/20/78.)
    As far as the value of them, that wasn't my concern when I bid on them. They won't go anywhere. I ended up giving $62.20 apiece for them. You can get the repoped turbo hub caps from Dennis Carpenter for $100.00 apiece. But, I don't remember growing up and seeing turbo hub caps on 57 Fairlanes. I might have just come from a poorer part of the country (Eastern Kentucky). Jim

Zapato

might have been the same set
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Sounds like you got a hell of a deal Jim...good for you. Now if someone could just find an old warehouse full of nos front fenders, and grilles,..and...
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Guys,
    The hub caps came in today. They were in the original boxes. THEY WERE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL 57 HUB CAPS I'VE SEEN. Imagine having a hub cap that has no scratches, no dents whatsoever, paint with perfect color and consistancy. Imagine 5 brand new hub caps. Jim

Frankenstein57

I'm imagining you sittin there playing with them. Mark