News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Oldest 57 on Website

Started by JimNolan, 2011-01-13 09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Update,
    I talked with James Holt again yesterday. He's waiting for information from a guy in Az. about the Thunderbird Emblems. It seems that the people he knew that worked on the Trim Line at the Assembly Plant have already went to the Great Assembly Plant in the sky. But, he still knows of a person in Az. that can shed more light on the 1957 Emblems.
   I told him that my biggest concern was not that they ran out of emblems, I can understand that. But why they would run out of emblems so early. To only have enough emblems for two months out of the twelve month product run seems like gross incompetence. That apparent fact that they ran out of emblems so early in itself would give more credance to the idea that they stopped using the emblem at a specific time and for a specific reason.
  This will hopefully be the last post I make on this thread until I can get more and better information. Like Lou said, this kind of knowledge is probably useless and boring to a lot of people. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ford Blue blood

But Jim having a head full of usless trivia is really kool!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hrsky

Jim, this is not boring, this is one of the best tread ever :001:.  It's very interesting to learn about the story behind the ashtray, glovebox door and so on.  Hopefully there is many more stories to come. I love the  :unitedstates: and our 57 Fords. Thank you from Norway  :001:

RICH MUISE

we could talk engines and sheet metal all day, but imho we'd all be bored before long. It's all this trivia stuff about the cars and THEIR OWNERS that make this website so interesting, and a good place for of us old guys  who need something to keep our minds busy for a few minutes while we are resting our butts. Apparently I rest alot more than most with my 630 posts in a year and a half!   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

ford talks about alot of the changes in the service bulletins.a lot of interesting stuff in them.if you people would like,as i get time i could post some of it,if there is enough interest.let me know.as far as oldest 57,in canada they did not put date codes with the serial number plate.and in my case they did not bring the rancheros out till february 57,and am told you could not buy one till march.that may be why ford of canada only made about 860 ford and meteor rancheros

RICH MUISE

Gary...good to see you posting again...I for one would love to see some service bulletins as I would think most of the guys. Have you had a chance to check your Ranchero for damage from the portable garage collapse? Rich

just saw your other post..hope you've seen all the damage and there's no more hiding. That's disheartning...even small damage really sucks but it could have been worse I guess.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2011-02-06 09:33
But Jim having a head full of useless trivia is really kool!

Have to agree, have spent my life filling my head with useless trivia, never made a penny on any of it .Did win a few bar bets back in my drinking days am sure lost a few of those nuggets however by killing off a few brain cells with alcohol.

Zap- :005:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72