News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

not a good day

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2011-02-05 22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

had some heavy snow the other day.came home from work to see this :005: :005:

wildhog

THAT IS A SHAME, THE GOOD THING IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS NOT A LOT OF DAMAGE TO THE RANCHERO, YEARS AGO A TORNADO WENT THRU TOWN AND BLEW MY GARAGE DOOR IN AND OFF THE TRACKS,ONTO MY 56 T-BIRD. LUCKLY THE TOP WAS DOWN AND THE DOOR LANDED FLAT, HAD SOME PAINT WORK,BUT NOT MUCH DAMAGE. HANG IN THERE,MY BIRTHDAY WAS GROUND HOG DAY AND I PROMISE AN EARLY SPRING. GOOD LUCK TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

hogwagon

I can feel your pain as it made me sick to see that. I had a stray cat in my garage a few years ago that got into the rafters and knocked some stuff down onto a 70 Dodge Challenger R/T I had nearly completed. Messed up the hood paint and cracked the windshield. The first time I opened the door and saw that a large range of bad feelings came out. I sent the wife shopping for the day and went hunting and cured that problem. This makes me think more about reinforcing the garage possibly with some steel angle iron and a beam or two that is laying in the side yard.

Zapato

I've seen this very thing several times with that style car cover, They're good for some things but not for holding any kind of snow load. Hope your Ranchero survived it well.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

geraldchainsaw

i'm a little confussed,    i c a garage door & no garage,   can u explain,   off hand i don't know where your located,  but here in Detroit it won't stop snowing,  snow blower broke down yesterday, but i think its a easy fix, or go and get a new one,   its hard to believe that in 60 or 70 days from nowwe'll be driving our cars again.   and the pictures of your car under a portable cover,  i've been thinking of getting one for the last couple of years,  i think they would have to be anchored down with some kind of permanet holes for the posts, either  way, you've made up my mind,  i'm not getting one,

canadian_ranchero

so far all i see for damage is the antenna,small dent on the roof and a small dent in the r/h front fender by the antenna.will wait till spring to dig it out.i hate snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!