News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gold anodized trim

Started by alvin stadel, 2011-02-08 21:54

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I'm in the process of redoing my hard top and wanted to brighten up or refinish the gold fender and door trim. I'v gotten 2 Quotes and they run over $350. Mine are in good shape, don't need anything but re anodized. I see in Hemmings that a fellow in Pa. Reg Zelenz,  has repops for $310 per set, have any of you used his stuff, is it good or is it junk.  Take care, Alvin.

F570RD

I got a sample from John Gamble in Columbus last September.I know someone will chime in on this.It looked real nice.Price?Don't know.

iamflashman

The supplier is www.burtonantiqueautoparts.com (from the links thread)

The stuff is top-notch and is better than getting a set anodized because the diamond pattern is usually a little worn on the originals and his are very "fresh"

The fin mouldings they produce are also top-notch and better than the originals.  They are a little thicker so more dent resistant.

The down side: the prices have doubled since I last bought from him!  Not sure what your budget is but the gold trim will run you $500 and fin mouldings $400!

Either low demand or just good old fashioned inflation I guess...
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

RICH MUISE

Alvin...from what's been reported that I have read if you are very picky, you probably won't be happy with a re-anodize. Don't know about the particular vendor's trim you're asking about, but we had an interesting discusion on Burton's trim a while back...worth reading if you missed it. It's in the "wanted" section, about 9 down.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Bubba

I've gotten and used the Burton gold anodized trim and a set of hockey sticks.
I was very pleased with the quality and fit.
BuBBA

cool57

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2011-02-08 21:54
I'm in the process of redoing my hard top and wanted to brighten up or refinish the gold fender and door trim. I'v gotten 2 Quotes and they run over $350. Mine are in good shape, don't need anything but re anodized. I see in Hemmings that a fellow in Pa. Reg Zelenz,  has repops for $310 per set, have any of you used his stuff, is it good or is it junk.  Take care, Alvin.

Zelenz' is nice but the pattern is different than original.