News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fleischman clan

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-03-05 22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

The annual make-a-wish car show is on this weekend in Amarillo. Spent 3 or 4 hours there looking at some real nice local rides.Two that caught my eye were a '58 Turquoise and white retrac with a restored teardrop trailer owned by Pat and James' dad, Ralph Fleischman, and a 67 comet set up with a 427 and a big Fleischman Racing logo on the rear fender. That one belonged to their brother Nathan.(Hope I remembered the name correctly).
P.S. only one '57 ford in the show this year..a real nice fairlane 2 dr hardtop owned by "Gene" from Amarillo.black and yellow, he purchased the car in 1960 and has 190,000 miles on it. It has an older, very well done restoration on it. I kidingly insisted he had to join our website, so I'll be watching to see if he does.
Pat and James...you've got some awesome rides in your family.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

suede57ford

Thanks for the complements and update Rich.  

The Amarillo show is the largest indoor show in the region.  
I had my black '57 sedan and the wife's '69 cj mach1 entered the last two previous years.

I was not able to attend the show this year as I have a business trip out of town. First time I have missed in years.

The '66 Cyclone is Dyno "Dan's" street/strip car.   A budget build using left over race parts. Did you notice the custom '57 Ford dash in it?

The '58 retract is an unrestored original car that only had 48,000 miles when we bought it 15 years ago.  The vintage tear drop trailer is also a '58 model.   Dad bought the trailer to use for Hot Rod's Drag Week with the Edsel.

There was also another '58 Edsel race car that looks like they copied it exactly from my dad's Edsel.  It even had the same wheels, color etc.   My dad still hold the "World's Fastest Street Driven Edsel title.  The one at the shows has an 11.40 timeslip and ours has run in the 10's and ours is still driven to the track.  

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

guess I got your brothers year and his name wrong...sorry about that. Unfortunatly I did not see the '57 dash in the car...I may be going back today though. here's some pics I took of the cyclone and your dad's retrac.
The 65 Mustang behind the cyclone is owned by my mechanic.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe