News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 4 door hardtop side glass (Front)

Started by outcruisen, 2011-03-27 06:03

Previous topic - Next topic

outcruisen

Hi all.. Just wondering if anyone would know if the window glass channel length is the same on the 4 door hardtop (57A) and the sedan?

I have removed all the electric glass (Because half of the mechanisms and motors were missing) and want to fit manual regulators etc. Do the sedan ones fit? (I know I will need to modify a little to fit the stainless surround to the sedan window lift channel, but if the sizes and regulator are almost the same I will try and hunt some down). I did get onto a guy that has 58 front manual glass set up and prepared to sell it to me. He will even ship it to Australia for me.. Will this fit?

Any help would be much appreciated, and if anyone knows someone parting out a 57A and wants to sell the manual regulators (4 doors if possible) and the front window lift channes, I would be keen.. (PS. Just posted a couple of pics of the old girl in Under Construction Galleries)..

Cheers

Mark

canadian_ranchero

hollander says the front window regulator from a 58 edsel HT will fit,57,58 ford HT and 57,58 merc HT fit.rear regulators from a 58 edsel ranger,pacer 4 dr ht,ford 57,58 vict.ht.so i would guess the window glass channels would interchange the same

57chero

I just picked up a 57 ford model 58A fairlane 500 town sedan 4dr parts car, I dont know if they will fit your car?

outcruisen

57chero,

Are you able to go to ebay and look up this item number 350321626770 and tell me if this is the same car you have just got to part out.. Also can you let me know if it has manual or electric side glass..

Cheers

Mark