News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Zealand Starter Motor

Started by NZ57Custom300, 2011-03-21 14:13

Previous topic - Next topic

NZ57Custom300

Hi , New to the forum , have been reading up a bit as I have purchased a bit of a project over here in New Zealand.
It is a Canadian built , South African assembled 300 Custom that I am getting back on the road here in NZ. It is getting a bit of rust taken out of it at the moment and I am replacing brakes , bearings , seal etc via MAC's mostly.
The problem I am having at the moment is the starter motor.
It has given up the ghost so as per the forum here I am looking at buying the reduction motor from Automotive electric.
Will this new motor mesh into the ring-gear OK or do you have to turn it around. My ring-gear looks a bit dodgy on the back side so I thought this would be a godd way to re-use it if I didn't have to turn it around.
The other thing is I am having a bit of trouble getting hold of them to see if they will ship to the other side of the world.
Is there anyone on the forum who is close to this shop that could do a bit of research for me to find out if they will ship and how I can go about it?

Thanks

JPotter57

Welcome to another Kiwi, we're starting to get quite a few of you guys on here.  The more the merrier, so spread the word to your other NZ friends.
I dont have any knowledge of this company, but hopefully one of our members will and can help you out.  What engine and trans does your Custom 300 have, and what do you mean by "turn it around"?  Do you mean replacing the ring gear on the flywheel?  If the starter is a direct replacement, should mesh ok.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

ems customer service

have you tried tony thake at northwestern ford he is in nz ,   adverts in petrol head

Frankenstein57

I think he means turn the ring gear around, use the good side. Mark