News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

anti raddel door window kit for 63A

Started by alvin stadel, 2011-04-25 22:32

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I'v about got my Fairlane 500 2DRT, 63A about  back together, but now have run into a small problem with the door anti raddel kit. The problem is, if it is a problem, the kit I got is from Carpenter, the out side piece goes from the back of the door all the way past and beside the vent window and the vent window screws through it and into the door. I'v restored serveral 57's and this is the first time I have seen this piece go past the front glass run.  I have a  unrestored 2 door post and the piece is just like what I have, also have 3 retractables never restored and it stops at the front glass run my convert. and other 63A also stop at the front glass run. I called Carpenter and they said it is the only one they have or have ever made, somethings not right as the other kits I bought also were from Carpenter and they all stop at the front glass run.  If I use this part well it move my vent window over enough to cause a glass alignment problem, or should I just cut it off at the glass run and not worry about it. I know this is a dumb ass ?, but my shop manual dosen't say which  is right, so thought maybe one of you would know. Thanks, take care, Alvin.

Ford Blue blood

My 63A is an unmolested original and the door wiskers stop at the vent window run as well.  There is a short piece of the chrome bead and the flat with no fuzzies on it under the glass run, it stops even with the front edge of the run.  The anti rattles for my 62 Bird were the same, had fuzzies all the way to the front of the door.  Trimmed off the fuzzies and mounted it to the door, looked stock and fit perfect.

So, if you have the old part, copy it, if not  just trim to the glass run.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

Thanks Bill, I talked to a different person today at carpenter, he has worked on  57's and knew what I was talking about. He told me the same thing you said. Thanks again, not a big deal but sometimes I let little things bug me. Take care, Alvin

RICH MUISE

Back about a month or so ago I was trying to get the "Answer Guy" at Carpenter's to join our website, as the EMS rep did, to answer questions like that. He seemed interested, logged on to read up on the posts we were doing about the back side window seals, said he'd get clearance from his boss to do it. James said he'd approve him, but apparently he never submitted a request for membership.  Too bad, Carpenter's would have been a nice resource to have on tap for answers.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe