News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Nephew back from HELL!

Started by Zapato, 2011-04-08 12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

My nephew just returned from Afghanistan last night. This was his 3rd overseas combat tour. The corps sent him back a few weeks early as he's now headed to Oregon State University on his way to becoming a 2nd Lt.  Welcome home Sgt. Nick Manske.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Zapato that is great news.  Always enjoy hearing of the safe return of the young men and women that are deployed.  I assume he is in a program similar to NECP (Naval Elisted Commissioning Program)?  Circa 60s/early 70s, four year engineering degree (mechanical, electrical, electronic or aviation) then come out either an O-1E or O-2E depending on rank going in.

I currently have a son-in-law in Afghanistan, his first trip, due back the middle of June.  He is Air Force.  Army son-in-law did two tours in Iraq, he is in Ft. Knox doing training.  Navy son-in-law was in the White House Communications Team, went to work in the basement of the White House every day, he is now a civilian doing the same thing but making four times the money.  He never saw a minute of sea duty or combat zone during his eight years in service.  Lucky or not depending upon your perspective, combat zones are good for promotion...
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Welcome home Sgt Manske, and thanks for your service.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Yes, Sargeant, good to have you back home safe.  Thank you sir. While you're home, try to keep an eye on your uncle once and a while!  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

shopratwoody

Glad he got home safe Zap. Congrats on the Officer training.
I hate blocksanding!

Zapato

can't wait to see him,now he'll be down the road rather than across the world. I'm sure a welcome home party will happen real soon.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72