News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What to do with parts not being used

Started by wighty, 2011-04-07 18:35

Previous topic - Next topic

wighty

I need some advise.  I have had my Custom 300 Tudoor for about 45 years now.  A couple of years ago I started a major rebuild and now have many parts that I wont be using.  Most of these parts are ones that others are not interested in like all of the original brakes, spindles, steering, Windshield wiper mechanism, speedometer, 3 speed overdrive transmission, shift linkage, etc.  I don't like the idea of just throwing them out.  I always think that someone out there could use these 54 year old parts.  What do you guys do with the parts you are not going to use.  Is there someone who could use some of these parts?

glen b henderson

Yes, someone will want them, while some parts are not worth a lot, others are worth quite a bit. I have sold and give away a lot of parts over the years. It just depends on if you have the space to store them, if not pass them along to someone that does before you scrap them. By the way where are you located?
Freedom is not Free

Zapato

Every once in awhile I post stuff on the HAMB that I just want gone, with the following criteria. I will not ship must be local pickup and most of the time the taker must be under 35. Way to help out younger guys. It usually goes quickly. I reserve the right to pick who gets it. If the guy comes across as a jerk no way is going to free stuff from me.

There's always someone who will be happy to get stuff we no longer need.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JimNolan

I advertised them on this website for awhile, then I listed them on ebay and then I had to list them all together on ebay to get rid of them. These parts you got are valuable to someone but if that someone doesn't come forward and you don't want them anymore. Anything for them is better than nothing. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

wighty

I am located in Northern California, near San Jose.  I don't want much, if anything, for this stuff.  I really don't want to add to the land fill with what I think rare parts.  Unfortunately this stuff is heavy, so shipping gets costly. 
The body is in the body shop, just about ready for paint. I hope to be putting it all back together this summer.  When its back together I should have extra front and rear bumpers, a rear window, some dash parts, some of the 300 side trim and other things I can't think of right now.

Ford Blue blood

Wighty I could use the side trim if it is half way desent....Jeff Norwell is looking for a back window that I happen to have but you are a lot closer to him then me....there is a place for most of that stuff besides the land fill.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

I need a rear bumper, daily driver quality.  Mark

Zapato

You have taillight lens lying around underfoot? If so please let me know.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

wildhog

MARK, I MIGHT HAVE A GOOD REAR BUMBER, LET ME LOOK OR COME DOWN AND FIND IT YOUR SELF. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Frankenstein57

Thanks Tom, like I said a week or two on this car and it will need a short roadtrip.  what a nice weekend, in the high 70's in my shop today. Its been cold for a long time around here. YIPPIE!!!! Mark