News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero on ebay

Started by rmk57, 2011-06-18 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

57 Ranchero with all three delete plates. I've never seen one before. Makes you wonder how many people were to cheap to order a heater.  ???
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Lou

Better qurestion is where was it shipped to that they didn't need a heater or windshiled defogger?

Zapato

not uncommon in the 50s if you lived in a temperate climate zone to not waste money on a heater. Have seen many examples like that and even a couple of  60s southwest cars without heaters and dealer installed or aftermarket air condition systems.

Even more ridiculous is what Ford did in 56/7 on the Continental Mark2, a car billed as the American Rolls Royce built to take it head on, with every automobile bell and whistle available at the time had as the only option air conditioning and my Mark2 originally sold in Beverly Hills, California was ordered that way. Hard to imagine spending over 10K at that time and saying no to air for a So-Cal car. Even factoring the cost of that option being another full bill.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Hoosier Hurricane

It may have been a fleet car.  The purchasing agent in his cushy office chair shopped price, didn't care if a delivery driver wanted options.  John

JPotter57

I bought a Custom Fordor parts car a couple years ago, built in Baton Rouge, LA, spent most of its life in New Orleans.  I bought it ina small town called Pearl River.  It had all three delete plates and both delete plates on the firewall...el cheapo.  My current Custom tudor was built and bought in Dallas and had heater and radio delete, but had a clock...go figure.  I guess he needed to know what time it was.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

Two tone paint with the nice side moldings, at least he wanted it to look good rolling down the highway.............
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429