News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Inside door moulding clips?

Started by johns2000, 2011-07-10 19:17

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Where can I find the clips that hold your inside door/glass trim moulding in place? They kinda look like rocker panel clips but just a little different.

Thanks in advance

RICH MUISE

This reply is mainly because I'm curious...I can't figure out what exactly you are talking about..I don't think your talking about the garnish rails because they obviously screw on....at least they do on the sedans. by trim moulding, could you be meaning the glass channels that guide the window? (Fuzzies inside with stainless beading?) Or maybe you're talking about a hardtop or convertible that would be totally different, in which case I don't have any info on where to get...although it sounds like something restoration specialties may carry.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

johns2000

Rich

Maybe it is called the garnish moulding? It's the trim moulding that your lock knob comes up through and goes around the inside of window. It does have screws that hold it in the top and a couple on either end on the bottom but there are also 2 clips that the bottom snaps into. I have the book you refer to but couldn't find an exact match to what I have? Maybe someone switched them? I need 3 so any help would be appreciated.

John

iamflashman

Are you talking about the standoffs?  They clip into the door and the garnish moulding rests on them?
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

johns2000