News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

filler panel color

Started by rmk57, 2011-10-19 19:21

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Anybody know the original color or a paint code? Even something close would be ok. I'm talking about the piece that goes in between the grill and bumper. Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JimNolan

Randy,
   That's called Argent. You'll be luckier than I was if you find a paint formula for the original paint. Just choose an Argent from the paint supplier you're using. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

rmk57

Thanks, I'll try argent then. Argent is silver in french I think.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

geraldchainsaw

hi,    i got my paint from Painters supplys chart,   and its gray,    looks alot like silver,    jerry

rmk57

I don't suppose it is paint code "K" silver mocha is it? Or was it it's own unique color ?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

cool57

Quote from: rmk57 on 2011-10-19 23:23
I don't suppose it is paint code "K" silver mocha is it? Or was it it's own unique color ?

Unique. I think Carpenter and others may sell Argent in aerosol cans.

JPotter57

I painted my last one body color, which was yellow, and it looked like crap.  This car will be white, and it will get an argent pan.  You can get it from Carpenter, Macs, and I think you should be able to get any good paint store to mix it up for you if they have microfiche that goes back to the early 60s or so.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

tarheel57

Eastwood also sells the Argent paint. They have it were you can spray thru a gun and also in the Rattle can. I have used theirs on a set of wheels before,worked good. Go to   -   eastwood.com  or call 1800-345-1178   Good luck! :burnout: