News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

painting

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2011-12-23 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

it must have been a long time since i've purchased some acquilick  (how u like that for spelling)?,  enamel reducer for painting,   the last time i purchased some reducer i'm sure it was only 17 bucks,    but today i can't get it for less then 35,    has it gone up that much in just a couple of years?        jerry

JimNolan

Jerry,
    ACRYLIC, don't feel bad, I had to look it up to make sure. Yes, all paints have went up and some paints you can't even get anymore because of EPA regulations. I didn't use a water base paint on my 63 but they are pushing to use only that. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

buckie405

Yep ! Laquer's are pretty much out. acrylic are on there way out ,and who uses enamel anymore?  Im just now comfortable in spraying base coat clear coat in urathane.
Im quitting when all there is will be water base!!    Average cost of paint materials is about 1500 on the ole 57 now!!!
                                                                             Buckie

Zapato

Has anyone used paints made for boats, would figure they'd last well considering they environment they're designed for ? Bought some boat hardware for a home project this year and they had quite a variety in several price ranges. Color selection very limited compared to car paint. Check them at Jamestown Distributors.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Frankenstein57

The local farm & fleet store had quart cans of lacquer paint in the automotive section. Black,white, red, blue.Stuff was inexpensive compared to the base clear materials. Mark