News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford Expo 2012, t-shirts, plaques, etc.

Started by JPotter57, 2011-12-08 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Tom Drummond and I were emailing back and forth about the Expo 2012 in Columbus, and we were discussing awards, t-shirts and so on.  I told him that I would donate dash plaques and possibly a few awad plaques as well.  We also discussed t-shirts, and I remembered a couple of our members had mentioned possibly helping us out with them.  What I need from you guys, is some idea of what you would like to see on the shirts.  Do you want a big design on the front, nothing on the back, or maybe a small design on the left side of the shirt and a big design on the back?  What is your idea of the perfect `57 Fords International shirt?  Full color, one color, color logo, something like a car show shirt with maybe a generic `57, whatever model, with the club logo at one corner?  I need some ideas, and we can get with one of our artists, and see what we can come up with.  Also, I will need to know seriously, how many of you guys will want shirts and how many, as I am sure there will be a minimum when we find someone to print them.  This is by no means set in stone, but I figure the price for good shirts will be somewhere around 18-22, depending on how many colors, and it may be higher than that.  Typically, car event t-shirts run in the $20-25 range, we will have to see what happens.  I just dont want to invest in a bunch of shirts and nobody buy them.  Give me some ideas.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hogwagon

We run a small motorcycle shop Harley related in Colorado and find that printed T shirts have gotten away from real dark colors and large heavy print as they are something normally worn outside in the summer and the heat and sweat from a large print can be a pain. Pocket T's with logo on the pocket are always the first ones we run out of. The Rodders Journal (roddersjournal.com) does a real nice job with their product line for inspiration. I'm in for at least 2 of what you come up with.

JimNolan

Make it a fun shirt that includes our information. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57tudor

James.

I love Tank Tops and Tee Shirts. I would like to see the club do both with a large logo on the back and a small logo on the front pocket area. I have a @%$# load of Tee's and Tank Tops and wear them almost everyday. I still ware the one Bob & I got from you years back.

Rick.
57 Tudor
:unitedstates:

Lou

Make it a pocket T as most of us wear glasses.

JimNolan

RICH MUISE

Ditto on the pocket tee...large pic on back, small on front, preferably a light neutral color. Make sure our .com info as Jim suggested is on it. If we ever redo our decals, I'd add the .com info also. put me in for 2 mediums. I'm prejudice of course, but it seems like most artwork we've seen except for Jeff's is of Rancheros or Fairlanes...I'd sure like to see the Custom on it.
Rich.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wv 57s forever

James;

how about light color but not white, to easy to stain. 57 on the back with words 57 fords int. over top or bottom, then on the pocket a copy of the logo with web site info under it. i would like a custom on back like rich, or maybe a custom and a fairlane facing each other. just my 2cents worth.

Allan

suede57ford

T-Shirts sound like a great Idea.   Maybe Norwell has some picture ideas.   I like the red/white Fairlane and black Custom facing each other idea.  Also something small on front and larger on back.   I like a navy or dark colored shirt.
Pat
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JimNolan

Wouldn't it be great to get a picture of all the 57 models maybe sitting at a drive in. I really like all the models, even the flip tops. But, if I have one more person ask me if my roof folds into the trunk I'll scream. Jim

wildhog

Jim, Does your top fold in to your trunk?    Just wondered if I could hear the scream all the way in Illinois Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

57AGIN

James:

That original T-shirt you did for us folks out West back in 2004 for the Fun Ford Weekend show had a really neat logo and I wore it out way too soon.  I like the Tees with a pocket and a large logo on back with a small one in front.  I like the ideas put forth about having maybe a Fairlane & Custom on the same shirt.  How about the cars on the back & the Club logo on the front.  When all is decided I'd be up for 5 in XL size.  What ever is done, please use a heavy duty cotton material, as the thin materials just give up too soon.

Bob
57 AGIN