News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

what is this?

Started by sprink88, 2012-05-01 09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

This came in my car, any ideas what it is?

~Chris

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

or....if it's automotive at all, my guess it would be a hood or trunk lock assembly for something shaped like those old bullet-nosed Studebakers. Can you tell what happens inside if the key cylinder was rotated?
or..it could be a lost part of a Madonna outfit
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

lol, well I do not have a key for it but looks like the 3 prongs on the back lock into place. I was thinking with the oval, it could be Ford something?
~Chris

wv 57s forever

:005:

locking fuel cap for nuclear reactor on old space ship maybe the one from area 51 ?

57chero

What you have is a locking hub cap that were on the rear mounted spare tires on 34-35 fords so no one could steal it, yours is missing the ford oval cover that swings up to expose the lock .

sprink88

Cool. Thanks! Now what to do with it
~Chris

Frankenstein57

If you think its good enough to sell, go over to the ford barn classifieds. They have sections for the years your parts fit, might be just the ticket someone needs. Mark

sprink88

I am going to take it to Little Dearborn auto parts here in St. Paul/Minneapolis. And see what they think. I have no use for it, and would rather give it to someone that needs it. Even though it need to get rebuilt.
~Chris