News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

63a headliner trim

Started by jdh6fan, 2012-05-08 08:14

Previous topic - Next topic

jdh6fan

On my 63a there is a weatherstrip type trim piece made of thin plastic that runs along and attaches with the edges of the headliner.  Is this trim available?  If I can save mine is it worth it or should it just get replaced with windlace? 
Thanks for the help
Jeff

RICH MUISE

I hadn't answered this when you first posted because I don't have a 63A, and don't know if it is different than the 70A custom series....but since no one else has answered...I can't imagine a 63a being vastly different from mine, so unless it was, it sounds to me like someone jury rigged something in the past. As far as I know all the '57's had windlace. what area specifically are you talking about, and what exactly do you mean "runs along and attaches with the edges of the headliner".
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I know what he is talking about.  It goes under the head liner "fingers" and wraps up about 1/32 of an inch to give a finished appearence on the HT models.  It is not re-poped, yes save it.  My buddies turned out to be off white after the many years of dirt and stuff were cleaned of.  We use dish detergent.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

jdh6fan

Thanks for the responces.  Yea it is orig to the car.  It is kind of a white/off white color but dirty.  Since I'm changing the color of the interior from light to dark I'm gonna see about cleaning it up and maybe dying or painting it somehow.
Thanks
Jeff

RICH MUISE

SEMS COLOR COAT is great for color coating plastics, vinyl, and leather. Most paint supply shops carry it. If it's anything that'll get wear and tear from contact, I follow up with a clear coat. They have another line that is excellent for dying fabrics, carpeting, etc.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe