News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Member's 1957 Custom Tudor Sedan

Started by Hot Rod Custom, 2014-03-25 18:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Custom

Hi everybody,

I recently discovered this cool forum and thought you might like to see my '57. I bought it 2012 from a gentleman in California (original Long Beach and California car). It was a good, solid drivable car. Since acquiring it, I've made many improvements to the car's cosmetics and mechanics. The car was originally a 223-3 spd but it was Starmist Blue.

It has a 1963 Galaxie 390-4V with a T-10 4 spd. transmission. It now has an Edelbrock intake, a Demon carb, Vintage Cal Custom valve covers and a new high-efficiency aluminum radiator.

On the inside, I replaced the cracked steering wheel with an NOS wheel and mounted a six-grand Ford accessory tachometer (from 1966) to the column and an original set of SW Greenline gauges are under the dash. The original Galaxie bench seat shifter has been rebuilt and the dash features radio and clock block-off plates.

On the exterior, I feel like the '57 Fords are perfect just the way they came from the factory. All I did was add 15" steel wheels with the dog dish caps and trim rings to replace the Weld wheels it came with. It fills the wheel wells up nicely.

The trunk has been upholstered and finished and I have lots of cool original memorabilia to display with the car when it's out being shown.

We plan to drive the car throughout the western US from our home base in Fort Collins, Colorado. I'd love to meet other forum members as we travel to local shows, to Oklahoma, New Mexico, southern Colorado and Utah this summer.

I'll post more photos when I'm done detailing the engine and completing the jack and spare tire assembly.

Tom

RICH MUISE

Very very nice. Very straight. I like everything about it. Keep the pics coming.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Very nice ride you've got there. What kind of wiper motor is that?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57 Ford Kustom

Great looking Ride! I agree with Rich, definitely need more pic's.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Beautiful car, looking forward to seeing more of it..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

VwDrvFnd

i LIKE IT! Gotta love that blue!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Ecode70D

That's a nice slick looking ride that you have.

electricalan

All of the above.Would love ta see it but I am a bit west of your journey.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

sprink88

~Chris

Hot Rod Custom

WOW! Thanks, everybody! It's good to know that many of you like my car as much as I do. Slowly, I'm addressing all the things I want to do on the car. Now that there are no more drivability issues, I'm doing the last of the final "details". I promise I'll post more pics when I'm done - probably a couple more weeks.

To rmk57, I don't know what the wiper motor is. I'm guessing it's for a Tri-Five Chevy. I've heard they're a direct bolt-in. It works flawlessly, whatever it is.

Tom

Frankenstein57

JPotter57

I love that car.  Good call on swapping to the steelies and standard caps.  You can't go wrong with those on a Custom.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.