News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

painting

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-08-16 13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

any one here use a air brush gun?,   if so,  what type,  and how do u like it?,   thanks    jerry

geraldchainsaw

no one uses a air brush paint gun?

Zapato

Gerald, only airbrushing I ever did was spraying glaze on some pottery, nothing special. believe gun was a Badger.

check out    www.howtoairbrush.com     

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lou

What are you planning to use it for?

geraldchainsaw

chips,  small areas,  that u can't get with a touch up gun,   i might be blowing hot air,   havn't got any thing to do.

Lou

Buy a detail gun, about $20.00 from Harbor Freight.

gasman826

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2012-08-17 13:24
chips,  small areas,  that u can't get with a touch up gun,   i might be blowing hot air,   havn't got any thing to do.

wet sanding primer if you get too bored.........

RICH MUISE

Gerald..get on YouTube and search for airbrushing techniques. Probably most of the videos you'll see are by pros using expensive pro quality airbrushes, but it'll give you lots of ideas. The little detail gun that Lou mentioned is a pretty decent gun, and you can get the spray pattern pretty small, but not to the point where you can paint a line like you could with a good airbrush.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

frosty

I have been using a paasche air brush for years. The first was when I painted flames on the T sedan 25 years ago. back then it was the top of the line airbrush, today I do not know what is best. but I have heard if you going to do pin stripping they have a new tool for it. If you check online you will find alot of airbrush videos.