News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Y blockers.........

Started by F570RD, 2012-10-19 08:46

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

F57ORD:

Wow!!! 11's out of a Y-block naturally asperiated.  He must have that 56 peaked and tweaked to the MAX.  I wonder what gears, trans, etc., he's running?  Both beautiful and very potent.

Bob
57AGIN

F570RD

Yes!!!! 11's are unreal.I've met Wally and he is a trip to talk with.The car is done very tastefully.

JPotter57

Already saw it, Steve...Old Wally has that Y screamin, huh?  Boat anchor, indeed..
To be fair to the modern V8 lovers, it is stroked a little, something like 320 inches or so...:D
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

Also it's got a set of Mummert's new alum heads!
Freedom is not Free

Ford Blue blood

Glen how did the Falcon do?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glen b henderson

Hey Bill, the car did great, not so much for the driver. I was running with the Southern Gasser Club and a gamblers race. I went out in the first round of the gasser race because the tower entered the wrong index. The other guy offered too run again, but I had to get cooled down for the gamblers race. I went out in the first round again by a .007 red light. The good thing I had the other car beat in both races. The car ran between 8.1 to 8.2 all weekend with a best run of 8.09 @ 85+. I had a ball, wish I had though about calling you to ride with me. They had a couple of super nice 57's there, one of the owners said he had just completed the car last month. It was a Custom 300 with a 427 4 speed. The other was a Custom, but I didn't see the engine, but someone told me had a 390 in it. By the way using one of the 1/8 to 1/4 mile et converters, that works out to about a 12.70 1/4 mile time.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

That's awesome Glen..wish I could have been there.  For the same reason I missed that yesterday, I am missing Ford vs Chevy down here today....Man, I wish everyone I know who could babysit wasnt at this wedding...beautiful weekend for racing, man.
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

James, you, Bill, myself and anyone else that we can get together need to set down and talk about something that I have been kicking around for a while. A get together for all us southern boys and any of our yankee friends that want to get out of the great white north for a few days. This little track at Meridian is a super nice place, the show was one of the nicest that I have been to down here and the owner and his family are super car guys. The swap meet is free, on site camping free, the race cars were entered in the show for free, and we got to run all we wanted. Here is the good part, it cost $10 for me and the car to get in. There is something there for everyone, if all you want to do is show, no problem. I talked to Billy Jack(owner) and he said he would be tickled to get more 57's and yblocks. By the way he was the local Merc dealer until ford pulled the plug. I think we could maybe get 10/20 vehicles out of Ga, Tn, Al, Ms, La, E Tx, and no one would have more than a 6/7 hr drive. What do you guys think, all comments welcome.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Now that sounds like fun.  This weekend was not an every week occurrence for me.  A friend of my wife just had a daughter getting married this weekend, as luck would have it, everyone I know that could babysit was going to the wedding.  So, like I told you, I had all my smallest boys this weekend.  Ready to pull out my hair, man..Any way, that sounds awesome, and I would be glad to help put it together, put the clubs name with it, etc.  As much as I love racing and `57 Fords, it would be a no-brainer for me.  I am planning to have my Custom up and around as soon as I get the body shell in paint, have to wait til then to wire it.  The 292 runs fine, probably a 15 sec car with it, and all the glass panels, lol.  Can't wait for all my go fast stuff to get here.
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

I know it want be easy, but being retired, I most likely have more time to devote to it than others. The first step as I see it, is to start talking to everyone that we think would be interested. It has been my experience that if you have 40 people interested, 20 will say they will be there and maybe 10/15 will show up. Next years date will most likely be the same weekend as this year, Billy Jack had though about moving it too the weekend before Crusing the Coast with the hope of getting some of the early birds to attend. But I think the local clubs voted that down. I will start talking to some of the local yblockers and see how much interest is out there.
Freedom is not Free

Ford Blue blood

Awsome Glen....wouldn't have been able to ride along, my daughter and granddaughter are up from TX.  She had a wreck and her insurance totaled the car (Escape) and we tried to find an inexpensive replacement for her down there (Killean area).  Nothing close to what she could afford (even with me throwing in a wad) in TX and I lucked out and found a super clean Taurus for her here in town, so she is up here picking up the car. 

The get together in MS sounds cool.  Timing is everything for me.  Trips to home (WI), a kid in CO, one in TX and the other one in VA we stay on the road a bunch.  My being able to attend would be dependent on a bunch of stars lining up correctly.  Just to give you an idea how crazy it gets here....early Thanksgiving in VA, Thanksgiving here, WI for Christmas, VA in January to see the newest grand daughter (due 12/12/12), April wedding in MD, May college graduation in MN, July wedding in western IA and that don't count any local car shows.

Now, having said all of that, I am interested, just have to get the stars to cooperate!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glen b henderson

I know Bill, I have the same think (I want call it a problem) with family get togethers. The next time you go to TX, you need to stop by and see Ted Eaton. He is just up the road in Lorana, TX and even if you are not into y blocks it would be worth the trip. Ted has a huge collection of fords and parts of all kinds, including a 57 fairlane 2dr and a tube chassis fiberglass 57 that he is working on. Also a T bolt and a 427 powered 67 fairlane.
Freedom is not Free