News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Heater Control Cables

Started by BWhitmore, 2012-10-28 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

I have lost track of how the heater control cables hook-up.  Can someone please give me info concerning which cable goes where?  Location of cable (at the dash heater control and where the cable hooks up) and the length of the cable would be very helpful.  Thanks. 

Frankenstein57

Bill, the temp selector cable which is the top one, passes through the firewall, clamps down just outside the heat controller on the heater core. The bottom cable connects to the flipper arm on the plenum, inside the car, to divert flow between the heater and defroster. I think the length will be obvious, but if you can't get it I may have a dash with them still on, I'm in for the night.  Mark

57chero

The heat and defrost cable measures about 34" and the temp cable is about 26".

BWhitmore

thanks.  I will give this a try.

jrw429

My temperature selector cable stays in the cabin. Goes into the heater box on passenger side, connects to a control valve which regulates the amount of vacuum applied to the water-tube. Took a while to figure out and determine what was broke and how to fix, but works well now. Sounds like there are two styles of heater.

Ford Blue blood

And don't forget there is a vacumm line hooker up too......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II