News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

remounting hood

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-11-19 20:55

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

i just finished painting my inner hood and remounting it,   heres a little idea i came up with,  maybe someone has already used it,  but here it is any way.   it always takes 2 people, but this can make it easier,  the top of the spring mounting arm,  if u would hack saw the slot so its not just a hole, but a elongated slot,  and file it so it is a true slot,  u can put one mounting screw in place on the hood,  and with your partner u can lift the hood and slide it into the slot,  so the first mounting screw is all set instead of trying to hold the hood and placing the first mounting screw in place,    making the 2nd mounting screw alot easier also,     adjusting the hood is another story,  like i said, maybe someone has already suggested it.      jerry

Hoosier Hurricane

Jerry:

Good tip.  Wish I had thought of it years ago.  What I did was install a short stud in one of the upper holes, but it is difficult to get the stud through the hinge hole when putting the hood on by myself.  Once it is there it holds one side of the hood while I start the bolts on the other side.  A nut on the stud finishes the installation.  As for alignment, if your hood fits right before you take it off, drill a small hole through the hinge arm and hood inner panel.  Then when you put the hood back on, use a pin punch or phillips screwdriver to align the pre-drilled holes, and tighten the bolts.

John

geraldchainsaw

thanks John,  i knew about the pin holes,   if i have to do it again u can bet i'll use them,    jerry