News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

awsome site

Started by len, 2012-11-18 21:00

Previous topic - Next topic

len

hate to get mushy here cause i am known as kind of a cranky redneck. i thing it comes with working in a wrecking yard my whole life,but i just want to mention how great this site is and all the guys on it.len

sprink88

hehe. That is what I thought when I came here too. Just a plain AWESOME site! Everyone here is helpful.
~Chris

Ford Blue blood

Every one here is interested in getting them and keeping them on the road and there doesn't seam to be much care if it is stock or a modified just as long as the power train is Ford.  Talk about using an engine from "THE DARK SIDE" and you may have a few issues..... :<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Limey57

Got to admit (hangs head in shame....) that I was a lover of the Bowtie-brigade previously.  I had a '74 Camaro (I've never seen a car with so much rust) and then a '60 Impala sport sedan (flat-top).  I restored the Impala over a ten year period and you know what?  I hated it when I'd finished.  Trying to get in without banging my head on the roof was near impossible (I'm 6 feet tall, but the sport sedan has a low roof line) which bugged me.  But THE single biggest irritation was the distributor, have you ever tried to set points in a distributor that it right up against the bulkhead?  I swear someone got the drawing the wrong way round when they designed those engines.  Give me an accessible distributor anyday!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

57AGIN

Limey57:

I'll have to agree with you.  But there is one time when our front mounted distributors just plain get in the way.  Have you ever tried to get a 671, or 871 blower mounted on one of our front distributor engines, it does take some engineering.  I did see one on a small block Ford with a BDS blower, but the distributor shaft was done with a 90 degree offset. Guess that's why a good Centrifugal blower is generally the preferred option on our engines (Modular motors excluded). lol

Bob
57 AGIN