News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dressing plug wires on a 390-pictures, anyone??

Started by texasmark1, 2012-12-07 13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

texasmark1

Looking for ideas on dressing the plug wires on my son's 390; anybody got any pics to share on the subject?

thanks, Mark
God Bless Texas!

Ford Blue blood

Mark give us an idea of valve covers, intake etc to help you out.  Mine are stock and behave very well, look clean as well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

texasmark1

stock, stock, stock...
1963 Mercury Monterey Breezeway 2 door.
running stock intake, stock valve covers and stock location dist...

My car is a 57 Fairlane with a 272, with the usual out of sight plug wires... really clean looking engine.  We're trying to make the plug wires on son's car as neat as possible w/out spending the budget on billet wire loom contraptions...
God Bless Texas!

Ford Blue blood

Check the "helper" rack at the Zone (my NAPA did away with theirs) for the Ford ignition wire "holders" (for lack of a better word), the kit has two clips that slide down over the tab on the valve cover, two 4 wire plain holders and two three wire holders.  The holders have no tab thing on them.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

Not meaning to sound like I'm blowing you off but...I've seen homemade looms made from vacuum tubing and zip ties.  Sounds odd but take a look.  Use your search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc) and search on 'zip ties spark plug looms'.  Far too many examples of custom, homemade looms and wire configurations.