News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Some small temporary changes in plans.....

Started by JPotter57, 2013-01-27 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

It's on the old newsletters at the main site...go to the download section, pick any newsletter, there should be one in it...I'll try to post one later today when I get home.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Tom S

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2013-01-28 07:45It's on the old newsletters at the main site...
Ha! Thanks, I looked there but didn't open one of them this time.   

4thgen57

Hate to see you put in anything but a Y, But want to see you drive it more!

glen b henderson

James, I know first hand about the expense of building a competitive y block, and while I love them, I fully understand that a sbf or even a Cleveland can be built with off the shelf parts that will out perform a y block. I don't know how long the shootout will be held (NMRA) not having an event in Columbus this year and the expense of making a 1400 mile round trip betting the weather will be good. I wish we could get more y block racers down here in the south, but I don't see it happening until this economy turns around. I still think that the show and race at Meridian is the best bet for getting together down here. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to get you on the road.
Freedom is not Free

wildhog

James, Get that 351 running and come to Columbus for the 57 shootout. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

Thats the plan.  I dont plan to get rid of anything.  It is just taking me longer to find and pay for stuff.  It will ultimately have my f code 312 in it.
Old, loud, and fast.

Hoosier Hurricane

James:

I don't know what all you have in your F code pile so far, but a guy who builds Studebaker blowers has contacted me, he has a VR57 blower and a bonnet, was wondering about pricing, so the stuff may be for sale.  Let me know if you need his contact info.

John

JPotter57

I have the blower, need the bracket, which Frank may have now.  Also need the bonnet.Im following one on ebay, but will likely get outbid on it.  I have to go to New Orleans while it ends, and my esnipe may not be enough.
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

"It will ultimately have my f code 312 in it."
Just my opinion, but that is music to my ears. 
At least your other option is a Ford engine.
There's a real nice looking 57 Thunderbird around here that has a ch%*y engine in it.  I've seen it several times at the Cape Cod cruises.  It turns my stomach.   

RICH MUISE

Ouch..that's just not right. I wouldn't want to see a Ford engine in an old corvette either. Chevy or mopar in any post war ford just doesn't cut the mustard. (Wonder where that phrase came from..who the heck cuts mustard?)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Dont get me wrong Glen, I wouldn't start from scratch to build a Cleveland.  If it wasnt already built and ready to drop in I wouldn't do it.  This is a fresh never fired .030 Cleveland, new solid cam, the works.  Drop in turn key and run.  If my 312 was even bored yet, I would go ahead and build it, although I still need to buy pistons and rods, plus a lot of other stuf that my 351 already has.  Once the car is driving,  I can spend the money on the 312 and get it built properly, and not cut any corners.  That is the end picture I am looking at.
Old, loud, and fast.

4thgen57

James, let me know if you need someone to watch the Evilbay posting for you?

wildhog

James, If you think the expense for building a supercharged y-block is too much,try building a dual quad supercharged Lincoln y-block, then you will know my pain.L.O.L. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

I know, I know...My main holdup on just spending into oblivion is that all 8 of my kids are still at home, and three of them are teens..their toys cost much more.  Plus, my two oldest are having birthdays this coming week, and another turns 4 day after tomorrow...ouch.  Oh yeah, 18th anniversary is next weekend, followed very closely by valentines day...Holy smokes, February is a busy month at the Potter household, lol....
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

This is another "big picture" look: when my 312 is built and back in the `57, the plan is to rebuild the 351C with high compression, and put it into an altered roadster chassis.  I've always wanted one of those, and I plan to get one and use it as an Auto Mechanics teaching tool for my kids, since we homeschool.  I have to get some curriculum and start going over basic stuff so my kids can get a grade in it, then, get the fun stuff and start doing classtime at the track.  Will I be the coolest teacher or what?
Old, loud, and fast.