News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Upper Grille Panel Letters

Started by clusterbuster, 2012-10-30 20:18

Previous topic - Next topic

clusterbuster

This Custom 300 I bought last winter must have been bumped in the front and who ever repaired it put a used upper grille panel on from a Fairlane. The panel has the Fairlane script on it instead of the FORD letters that belong on it. Will someone measure the distance between the letters on their Custom and give me the measurements? I need to know how far the O and the D are from the center rib, and the spacing between each letter of the FORD. I doubt whether anyone would have a template for those letters.  Thanks in advance.  Clusterbuster.

clusterbuster

Correction. Need between the O and R, not O and  D.  Thanks.

57chero

The center to center measurement between the O and the R is 4 1/2". About 2 1/16" each way from the center peak to the center of the letter.

clusterbuster

Thanks 57 Chero for taking the time to measure that out. This site is invaluable. Thanks again.

gasman826

If that doesn't work for you, I'll take a traceing off one of mine, scan it, and PM it to you.

clusterbuster

Thanks Gasman, if I have any problems I will let you know.

clusterbuster

Got to grill panel letters last week. Welded the Fairlane insignia holes shut, measured and drilled out for the FORD letter holes, and tried out the fit. Looks pretty good. Had a little fill to put in, block out, and prime. Now on to the next project with the old sedan.