News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Finally started a blog...

Started by JPotter57, 2012-12-11 14:06

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Keep up with my`57 adventures here:
http://www.speedmaven.com/Myblog/
Probably start spending more time at that site, had it for almost 8 years, never really did anything with it.  Just got the blog up and running a minute ago, so there's not much there yet, except an introduction to me, and the finding and bringing home of the `57 Custom I have now....more to come, hopefully on a daily basis.  I want to try to write about5-700 words per day on this thing, maybe less when the weather is better and I can work....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57 Ford Kustom

James,
   Just registered on your blog site, and marked you in my fav's. I look forward to following you (almost sounds creepy) LOL.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:

PS: Thanks for the opening paragrph, I knew there was something Different about you.
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

JimNolan

James,
  I just registered too. I could use some down to earth advice from time to time and watching the 57 Custom go together will be neat. From what I gather we won't be going to Columbus anymore, is that correct. The guys with FE builds are having a bash in Beaver Springs, Pa next April, I think it's April 27th. The new engine I'm building will be in within a couple months, so next year I'll be looking for somewhere to take it. I can't decide on a 390 hp build with bigger carb or detune it with the heads and carb to a 360hp build. The bottom end is already in and balanced, so I'm just trying to figure out the reliability factor. I went with the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake. ( I'm skiddish of high rpms and driving it daily, the two aren't compatable to my way of thinking) Either way, it's got to be reliable, I won't put it on a trailer. Again, Congratulations on your new baby. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Limey57

Yep, just registered as weel, you can't get enough 57 Ford info you know.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

wv 57s forever

what no more Columbus?

JimNolan

Quote from: wv 57s forever on 2012-12-11 19:36

what no more Columbus?

That's what I thought I read on here. They took up too much time or something like that and they didn't ask them back this time. I'm asking too. I thought that's what I heard someone say. I'm trying to get a confirmation myself. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Re$urrected57

Registered too, looking forward to your posts.

Hoosier Hurricane

Through the Y block channels we learned that NMCA is cutting out two of their points meets, Columbus being one of them.  However, Columbus is going to go back to a Nostalgia type event like it was before Crites sold out.  The Y blocks are welcomed back, and I believe 1957 Fords forever will be included.  The late Mustangs with their multiple classes will be gone.  Bracket racing will be the norm.

John