News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mustang Interior

Started by Re$urrected57, 2012-12-25 07:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Re$urrected57

I remember seeing one of the members interior and it came from a donor Mustang.  Does anyone remember the members name?  If possible if they read this, could you send pics?  I want to see what it took to modify the 57 to receive the dash and other parts.  Thanks

RICH MUISE

This is not a member's car, but it was discussed here. http://www.carbuff.net/57_ford
maybe the one you were remembering.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Re$urrected57

Thanks Rich, you are right, we discussed it a few weeks ago.

57dohc

After seeing this post, I went out and "re-measured" the width of the dash are on the 2004 mustang and the 57.  Both are real close in the dash area, (about 55 inches) , but the passenger compartment on the 57 is 3 inch wider measured at the rear of doors.  The photos Rich was helpful in bring up show that Cobra dash fitting surprisingly well.  Seats look good as well but I didn't care for the leather treatment on that car.
The interior and dash were missing on my Mach so I won't have that option.  I did acquire a nice leather interior from a 2006 mustang GT.  While I haven't gotten close to installing them, the seats do look good just sitting in there.  The fold down seat in the rear will be nice as well.  This is a reasonable alternative to an upholstery job; I found these on Epay from a wreck and I have less than $400 in them delivered and they look new. I couldn't even get started on the orginal interior for that.
Rich thanks again for bring up the post on the cobra swap.  Great pictures that did give me a couple of ideas.  I did notice there were no pictures showing any cooling fan in place;  I think his radiator clearance would be a problem.  Needs to move the radiator forward as you talked about on another post on this forumn! 

RICH MUISE

notice the update on that radiator move post I did yesterday...it may not be doable!! depending on weather, it may be a while before I know for sure, but with the fenders and core support temp  on the car, it's not looking like the Classic city rad will fit if moved forward. Right now the welded seam on the top tank is in line with the fender's hood lip.

Re$urrected57

Yeah everything looked to fit fairly well, I wasn't a big fan of the leather treatment either.  I was wondering how well it all fitted, because I bought a donor '95 Thunderbird with a pretty good looking interior with a 4.6L 2v SOHC for around 600.  I measured the dash at 56 1/2" on the TB.  It looks like it will fit with very little modification.  I know everyone has talked about the DOHC engine being the best bang for your buck, but for what I will spend on the SOHC will be well under my budget.  I will attempt to use as much of the TB as possible and then sell the remainder parts.  Hopefully all things will work together. 

RICH MUISE

Looks like the car was well taken care of. I like the seats better than what I chose for mine because of the lower backs. Someday I'll find some replacements for mine, but I need to concentrate on getting the car finished and driveable before going back and changing more things than I already have.
Funny, you guys both mentioned not liking the upholstery recovering on that red and white car. I'll third that..just didn't seem to pull together well. I'd still love to have that car though.

Re$urrected57

Everything seemed to be in good working order, some damage to the plastic trim around the seat bottoms, but no tears in the seat cushions.  I like the color of the interior on the TB, so it works out with my plans. 

I think if the red and white 57 had the color of the interior prior to recovering and maybe a dark center for the seats it would have worked out better.  The whole ostrich fabric recovering and for the trim, just doesn't seem all that appealing to me.  There also too many different color tones in the car.  I agree with you Rich, just give me the car, I would take it with the interior looking like that any day.