News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

mufflers

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2013-02-02 07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi all,   flowmaster sent me some 44 series by mistake,  i ordered 40 series double chamber,   do u think the 44's will be to loud,  should i keep them,  or send them back and get what i ordered?,  thanks   jerry

JPotter57

Gerald, 40 series double chamber are pretty loud, man.  I had those on my last 57, of course they were 3 inch pipes, three inch in and out mufflers too.  Still, the two chambers are plenty loud.

edit:  I just checked out the 44 series on Summit website, and these are the new improved version of the 40 series.  They are coated black, very cool, they are different inside to improve the flow path of exhaust.  This is what the summit ad says, yes, they will probably be loud...

Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers offer distinct advantages over original 40 Series mufflers, while using the same technology as the Super 40 mufflers. The Super 44 mufflers deliver a deep, rich tone with an improved flow path radius, optimum internal flow, and sound control engineering, all created with Flowmaster's Delta Flow technology. The Super 44s are the most aggressive, deepest sounding, highest performing 4 in. case street mufflers that Flowmaster has ever built. These American-made, all-black mufflers exceed OEM specifications for use on street cars, race cars, and sport trucks. They are ideal when dynamic sound, torque, and horsepower improvements are demanded in a smaller high performance muffler. Their maximum performance and improved flow path will generate more torque and power than ever before! If you really want to hear your exhaust system inside as well as outside of your vehicle, then these Super 44 Flowmaster mufflers are for you.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57 Ford Kustom

Gerald,
   Compared to the steel packs that Tom put on my 57' probably anything is quiet! Lol  :003:
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

geraldchainsaw

UPDATE,   i had the 44 series flowmasters put on today,    to me theres not that much diff then the smitties,   it is a little louder when driving,  the real test comes this summer when i take the wife for a ride,  boy what an excuse to take the car for a ride,   i might add,  there wasn't very much room to add them,  jerry

57 Ford Kustom

Gerald,
Have fun rattling your neighbors windows!!!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.