News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 mercury Parts

Started by greenman692003, 2013-02-06 10:36

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman692003

Hello, 57 fords!

I bought a 57 Montclair Convertible and need direction for parts, mine is a loaded Merc with every option except
Air!...

Thanks!

RICH MUISE

You have air..just put the roof down. Seriously..welcome to the site, although I don't know how much help we're gonna be able to be. Don't know if there is a whole lot of interchange between Ford and Merc..oddly enough. I may be wrong.
A lot of our suppliers catalogs additionally list Merc. parts, so I'd try there. If you go to our supplier list, just below this section, and click on the links thread, you'll find about 30 or 40 '57 FORD suppliers...many of which will give you multiple catalogs to chose from once you get to their site.
A hollander parts interchange book may be of help to ya..watch for them at swap meets.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Take a look at "The Ford Barn", http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php , many folks over there with a vast knowledge of all things Ford.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

wildhog

Does your 57 Mercury have the opitional 368 engine or the standard 312? Welcome to the site. I have a few friends with Mercury parts, what are you looking for?
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

sprink88

~Chris

greenman692003

Quote from: wildhog on 2013-02-06 15:40
Does your 57 Mercury have the opitional 368 engine or the standard 312? Welcome to the site. I have a few friends with Mercury parts, what are you looking for?

greenman692003

57 Merc has the 312 V/8 I am looking for front fenders left and right side..car sat in a barn for 40 years,

gasman826

Not sure I would recognize a '57 Mercury fender if I saw one.  I have a friend who owns the first Ford dealership outside of the Detroit/Metro area.  He still has some parts.  He pointed out a NOS fender as a '57 Ford.  It was not.  It had two headlights.  I guessed '58 Ford but could it have been '57 Mercury?