News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Kick panel retainer

Started by clusterbuster, 2013-02-04 20:29

Previous topic - Next topic

clusterbuster

I've been working on this custom 300 just shy of a year now and from time to time I put parts away and then when I need them I can't find them. Usually I eventually remember where I put them and then find them. I took off the left drivers side kick panel retainer to do some work in that area and now have lost it. I have searched every possible location and can't find it. By chance does anyone have a spare one they could give up? I'm in no hurry for one but down the road I will need one. Maybe someone has done some modifications in that area and don't need their old one. Thanks.

suede57ford

Nice kick panel retainers are hard to find. They often rusted from the bottom up.  The 59 fords use a similar one , but not exact, so you may have to drill new holes. The '59 ones are much easier to find as they did not rust as often.  57's had the rubber cowl drains that rotted out and let water run right onto the floor, which rusted most of them.  Good luck there should be some out there.   if you find a '59 parts car grab the complete steering column and wheel, as you will need on eventually.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

clusterbuster

Thanks for the heads up. I recently replaced my cowl drain tube rubbers thanks to the tips here. Replaced much of the floor and would have had a wet one again if those rubbers were left unchecked. 

clusterbuster

Found it. Put it up the garage attic last summer and would have never have thought I put it up there. Thanks.

JPotter57

That's good information about the 59 parts working...I know where some of those are...good stuff.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wildhog

James, I still need a 59 hood latch, if you find a parts car. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

Still looking...only one 59 around here...not for sale, going to "fix it up sometime"...
The ones I can get stuff off of are in Tennessee.   I hope to get up there in a couple months.
Old, loud, and fast.

clusterbuster

Seems like something good comes out of each post regardless. I received an email from a man who has tons of 57 parts and other years as well. He has a kick panel retainer that I don't need now. Worth emailing him with inquires for used parts. He may have that 59 hood latch. Here is his address. 57Kolar@Mail.com

RICH MUISE

He's a member here..rarely does any posting though. I'm guessing because he's not a '57 owner, just selling parts, so just stays in the shadows so he doesn't get kicked off. I believe he's the one I bought my nos driver's door latch (ebay) from. If it is, my dealing with him was just fine. seems to be a reputable guy.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

F570RD

Wild Hog.......Have you tried Joes Auto....651.437.6787

wildhog

Thanks,I am not looking very hard, just wating for James to find one for me, and I don't have to go out in the cold!!!!!
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.