News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dome light switch

Started by clusterbuster, 2013-02-09 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

clusterbuster

I bought a new replacement dome light lens and bezel and when attempting to install the switch from my old bezel to the new plastic, one, I find that the attachment points are entirely different. It leads one to believe that a new style switch has to be bought for the replacement bezel. I searched online for one and come up empty handed. I haven't called Mac's yet about it. Has anyone run into this problem?

Frankenstein57

When I was putting mine together I had several different versions, I wasn't sure which was the 57 and which was the 58

Zapato

when it comes to ford sometimes they use leftover last year parts and different suppliers didn't always produce identical parts. might have looked alike but weren't.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

xsilencex

sorry to hijack your thread but I need to purchase new cover and bezel. I was assuming the switch for the dome connected to the doors? or does it have it's own location?

clusterbuster

The door jamb switches activate the dome light when the doors are opened and closed. The dome light itself has a switch mounted on the bezel to turn the light on manually when the doors are closed and you are inside to operate it.

xsilencex

cool thanks. I didn't know about the manual on off, my dome light stuff has been missing since I purchased it.

57AGIN

Clusterbuster, etc.:

If you aren't looking for original parts and the nostalgia look you might try going with a more modern dome light with map reading courtesy lights.  I got mine from a pick-a- part out of a Lincoln or big Ford.  They work well and don't look too bad either.  I put 2 in, one for the front seat and one for the back seat.

Bob
57 AGIN

clusterbuster

Good idea- looks nice. Will probably keep mine with the original look. Thanks for the tip.