News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint Color Codes

Started by ROKuberski, 2013-01-21 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Quote from: ROKuberski on 2013-02-13 09:20
Jim,

As you drive the car and look down that long fender, I could see minor ripples in the fender.  Turns out that these low spots are less than 1/32", but you sure can see them.  Most of this was in a prior poor paint job.  I have the instrument panel out so that can be painted too.  I bought the new trim from Concours Part so that ought to look pretty spiffy now. 

I hope to have it all back together and on the road before the end of March.

I'll post a picture when completed.

Rich

Rich,
    Those ripples you see on the fenders took a long time to get there. Even after knowing how they got there and what it cost to remove them, I still find myself resting my arm on the fender when working underneith the hood.
      My car was originally Inca Gold and white. I like the color on someone else's car, but I was too scared to try and duplicate it. It is awful easy to think of it as Pea Green instead of Inca Gold. Underneath my car was all Inca Gold and I couldn't see anything gold or yellow about it.
     I've got my car at the hanger and I'm putting a new motor in it. It's getting a 400+ HP 410ci FE engine. I finally get to use those headers that Stan Johnson made to fit my 57. ( I hope they fit, it looks like it will ). I'm trying to get it ready for the FE Race and Reunion at Beaver Springs, Pa on April 27th. I finally built a motor to go with the drive-train I have in it.
     Keep plugging along and you'll have your 57 on the road before you know it. They are one of the best riding and driving cars I've ever had. If you haven't got the big front sway bar for the front of your car, you need to get it. It's easy to put on and it changes the handling of that car completely.
     Remember to post pictures when you're done. Good luck.  Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.