News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Movie Car Potential for Southern California

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-02-27 00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

I was contacted today to see if I could put this fellow from Georgia, who works for Picture Cars of Atlanta in touch with someone here on the West Coast to rent their 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Club Victoria, red/white for use in a movie to be shot out here in March or April.  The man's name is John ??? and he says the studio is willing to pay from $1,000 to 1,500/day for the use of the car.  Apparently the film is to be some kind of movie about the actor Erroll Flynn in his later life, obviously long after his swashbuckling days were over.  I will be happy to put anyone interested in this in touch with John.  Another of our fellow 57 owners out here leases four of his cars to the producers of the TV series Vegas, but he doesn't have a red/white Fairlane 500 Club Vic.  Anyway, here are 4 photos of the car they would like to use out here on the West Coast.  I don't know if it wouldn't be cheaper just to ship the car they already have out here.  Oh well, it's not my $$$.  lol

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

Here is one more opportunity for a Movie Car.  Same info as on other Movie Car except this one should be a convertable probably wouldn't make a difference if it was a Skyliner or Sunliner, as the top could be down in the scenes shot out West.  It needs to have the Black & White interior.  Please let me know if interested.

Bob
57 AGIN

jdlafayette

Every time I see a nice old car in a movie they destroy it!

gasman826

Quote from: jdlafayette on 2013-03-02 07:52
Every time I see a nice old car in a movie they destroy it!
They always use standins or stunt doubles!  Directors are always responsible people.

57AGIN

Guys:

This movie doesn't appear to be an action thriller, at least according to the info the guy who arranges for movie production cars.  It appears that the Red/White Club Victoria may have been found.  But, the movie company would still like to have the Yellow/White convertable as a back up, just in case.  So far no one has contacted me about the more scarce convertable.  (562) 716-9601

Bob
57 AGIN

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: gasman826 on 2013-03-02 10:57
They always use standins or stunt doubles!  Directors are always responsible people.
Do you remember several years ago during the TV sit com "Tool Time" they dropped a steel beam on a "Nomad" and crushed it, well it wasn't a Nomad but if fact a 2dr wagon that was a rust bucket bondoed up to look pretty.  The outrage was unbelievable, someone finally put a slow motion video up that showed the roof collapsing and the door frames sticking up in the air!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

jdlafayette

Sorry to get off topic but remember that movie Ford Fairlane with that comedian (can't remeber his name) they blew up a red ragtop. Didn't see the movie but just previews. Got sick when I saw that!