News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Yearly question

Started by BBoswell, 2014-04-07 11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

I ask this every year in hopes that something has changed in the past 12 months.

Is anyone aware of tonneau covers (either hard or soft) on the market for Rancheros that are lift up style and not snap on?

My fingers are crossed.

strick

I'll look up a vendor that may have this for you tonight, I got one for my '56 F100 from them- has an aluminum frame and is hinged at the front, works slick and I thought the price was very good! I am at work now, but be back!

BBoswell

That would be great. Thanks.

hotroddonnie

Quote from: strick on 2014-04-07 11:19
I'll look up a vendor that may have this for you tonight, I got one for my '56 F100 from them- has an aluminum frame and is hinged at the front, works slick and I thought the price was very good! I am at work now, but be back!
Now that's one sweet lookin truck.

Frankenstein57

There is a shop in Indiana that was going to make up a top using Tom Drummonds car as a template. There was a delay in getting the car to them, but it still might happen.   Mark

strick

I am VERY SORRY, I spaced this off. Thanks by the way for the comment on my truck-- 351W, AOD-
I also have the 57 Custom "Thumpr."

Anyway- contact CRAFTEC, Inc Noblesville, In 1-800-CRAFTEC

That is where I got mine and they stock them for '60-65 Ranchero's and I think they will make one for yours. I have had mine about 3 years and it is trouble free!

Alan

BBoswell

Thanks for the info. I have talked with them and they can do it but they need an actual vehicle for about 2 weeks to fit it to. Gaylords in Southern California will also buiid one but they need the Ranchero for two plus weeks also. Unfortunately Oregon isn't close enough to either place. I'll just keep asking the question every year and eventually someone will make them.

strick

Hmmmmmmmmm...well,, I'll keep an eye out for something! Speaking of Oregon, been reading about that swap meet out there last weekend--WOW, wish I was not so far away!

hotroddonnie

Very nice as well. Which one should I drive today? :017: HRD

BBoswell

They tell me the Portland swap meet is the largest on the west coast. I didn't make it this year but my buddy did pick up a front seat for my Custom 300. Now all I need is a radio delete for the dash on the 300 and the tonneau cover for the Ranchero and I will be finished . . . or as finished as anyone in this hobby gets. The F100 brings back some memories from my beginnings in this car hobby. I do like black cars so it's odd that both of my cars are white. Go figure.

hotroddonnie

Guess I need to spend sometime on Members Rides, we have some pretty cool cars/trucks on this site. Black, white, red or green all 57s should be seen! Sorry! that just came to me.