News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

non'57...but interesting

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-03-10 21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I ran into Hamb member Frenchie at the pavilion Cruise in Scottsdale. He's got a cool '32..but check out the engine. If he wasn't running headers, you wouldn't know the car was running. Absolutly the smoothest running thing I've ever seen....all 12 cylinders! He's got a little silver bell that hangs from a wire on the radiator support that moves only when the electric fan turns on...otherwise it's perfectly still. He touched it with a finger just to demonstrate how easily it would move.
Check out the closeup pic...see anything unique??...that engine doesn't have a dipstick....that little red button on the brass rod is attached to a float in the oil pan!! I loved it. engine, btw is 48 Lincoln Continental
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wv 57s forever

Ford Blue blood

I love the "dip stick"!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Rich
   That Lincoln engine is cool. They will idle right on down to a whisper like most flatheads.
   Now stop  holding out ...Were there any 57s at the Pavilion?   FWIW I'm not talking about brand X 57s.   What else was happening there?
   I'm happy that you had a nice safe trip to Az.  Don't know if I will ever get back there again.
   Jay

RICH MUISE

No '57's at the Pavilion...of the Ford variety. The one Ranchero at an earlier show I posted pics of on another thread. The Goodguys show as I posted got rained out..but the two '57's out of less than a hunderd cars.
We ended up having to take the longer southern route home...snow in the Flagstaff area. I don't mind snow, even on mountain roads...as long as I'm not on a trucking route!I did stop and take some pics of a classic project car lot in Tularosa, NM. I'm gonna post those pics on the hamb, and I'll post a link to it here when I do.
other than that, spent a day running around to speed shops, etc, and the rest of the time doing some handyman stuff for the relatives (single woman, and elderly uncle/aunt). Did go to a night ball game at Salt river fields...heck I'll post a pic of me and my nephew there so you'll know what me and the ballpark look like. I'm the old one.

RICH MUISE

BTW, if you look at the pic of the 32 in the opening post..in the top right corner you can see some light poles behind the palm trees....the same light poles at the ball park.

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-03-11 18:25...heck I'll post a pic of me and my nephew there so you'll know what me and the ballpark look like. I'm the old one.
Man, you sure are!       
I'm about to be a couple years older than you.  :'(