News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

do you have any old pictures?

Started by 6cyl57, 2013-02-25 17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Here are a couple pictures from the lat 60's.
The blue one is my first 57.

57AGIN

Carsavior, gasman826 & Harry:

Those are some neat photos from the 60's.  I wish I'd have had the sense to take some photos of my original 57 Custom 300.  After I bought the car, I knew it had to be repainted s it was that Avacado Green (barf green) that was so popular back then.  I had been able to scrape $100 to have it painted by a professional shop (boy have the prices sky rocketed since then).  It was a "bitchen" Cadillac medium blue metallic paint job, but I never could afford to have it reupholstered to get rid of the original green.  The gasser nose high rake was "in" at the time and the car was jacked high in front and had the front bumper removed to give it a dragster like appearance.  Nothing could have been farther from the truth.  With a 272, 4 bbl carp and a set of cutouts that I had to crawl under the car to open, a Hurst 3-speed floor shift, it could barely get out of its own way.  My quarter mile time was in the mid 18 second area with a speed of about 76 mph.  But, I loved that car and knew someday I'd get another when I could afford to do something with it.  Thank God that time has arrived.

Bob
57 AGIN 

Carsavior

Lost my sister in 03.  Almost finished putting her old New Yorker back together tho.  Then a couple loose ends and I can start on the 57.  The wagon in the pic is the one I want to base my project on, tho mine is a 2-door.  Can I put that style trim on my 2-door so I can replicate dad's paint job? 

RICH MUISE

carsavior...as far as the trim goes...for ideas on what was available you can go to www.1957fords.com and open the models section for pics on all the different 2 dr/vs 4dr options.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Harry

Found a few more cars from the 60's.
Note the hood scoop went on all my cars.

Harry

Good morning
I am the one who posted some of the old pictures.
The reason for this message is to ask anyone on this site if they can help me locate the Poppy red ( orange) 1957 Ford referred to as FORD COUNTRY.
This car was sold to a man in Southern Wisconsin many years ago, an I am looking to purchase it back if I can find it.
I know this is a long shot but worth trying.
Lets call it a mid life crisis in my 60's.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I did find my 1954 Ford convertible I sold 16 years ago, by the man is not willing to sell at a decent price.