News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Already done..

Started by LAUDY57, 2013-08-12 23:23

Previous topic - Next topic

LAUDY57

I've been thinking that the new tents that mount on SUV's or pickups and all the camp lighting choices were something new but - here's a couple of pics frome FORD TIMES, november 1957.
Also found my gas tank vent leak, I didn't know that the line is butt welded on each side of a plate that bolts to the trunk drop, one weld was cracked -no more stinky!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

Neat ads!
did you repair the old vent line, or find something to replace it with? I checked with a couple of the tube manufacturers that make the "complete" brake and fuel line kits, but neither made the vent tube. What you found out may be the reason why. I haven't looked at my old one since I pulled it out years ago, but I wouldn't have thought it was welded.
I need to find my old one and see what shape it's in. I wonder if you couldn't use rubber fuel line to replace it...shouldn't be to hard to figure fittings for tank attachment.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

Rich, I could only move the side upholstery panel out an arm's width, I didn't want to bend the AL sheet that is the backing material so, at first, because I couldn't see down I cut the tubing half way up the fender and wiggled it, thinking it would pull through the hole in the floor drop. That's when it popped off so I did the same to the straight piece underneath and found a new piece of 5/16 would go right through so I just joined it at both ends with rubber hose. Another item on the winter job list, didn't want to spend time because I was heading off to a run. Got a 2nd place trophy in the run which has made for a good summer because my daughter had me drive her to the church for her wedding at the end of July, she made the old buggy look real good!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!