News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Any idea on what vent seal part number I need?

Started by GaryI72, 2013-08-01 13:37

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryI72

Attached is what I pulled off the car and also attached is what I ordered. Part # B7A-5721448. I have a 64b Fairlane. Is this as good as it gets and will have to do some modifying?  Thanks!

RICH MUISE

Have you confirmed from sources other than the distributor, that that is the correct part number? Different models had different shaped vent windows. For my 70A the ones I got were a good fit as far as the moulded shape went, but the cutouts for the pivot that were done by hand were off by 1/2" or so.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

GaryI72

I went with what was listed in the Carpenter catalog.  I posted while I was heading out the door to work. I'll have to wait till I get back home to do some more digging. Just thought someone out there may have gone through the same issue. I'm missing one of the seals or I would just try and clean them up.

GaryI72

Update...found the seal number.  For my car, (64), it is BAC-6421449-A.  What I ordered was B7A-5721448. Here's the kicker...I can't find this seal. So, I have one I'll salvage. The other is missing since the tear down has been 25 years ago. If I find a manufacturer. I'll update the post.