News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

More Station Wagon Weatherstrip.

Started by petew, 2013-08-11 13:42

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

Well since I was able to find a source for the last piece of weatherstrip I asked about I'll try another !
Attached is a picture (I hope ) of a secondary weatherstrip for the tailgate and window on my 57 Country Sedan. This is not the thick weatherstrip that frames the tailgate which is similar to door weatherstrip but rather a thin one that is inboard of that.
Any ideas who sells it or what the part # is ?

Pete

RICH MUISE

I assume you tried Dennis Carpenter, but have you tried Steele Rubber?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

petew

I have looked through the carpenter catalog and a few others without success . Steele rubber does not list it but when I go to charlotte next month I will show them a piece of it to see if any of their universal stuff is close.
Problem is most catalogs list a "tailgate gasket" or weather strip but don't show a cross section picture to tell you what you were ordering and it usually is the thick main weather strip not the very thin one that I am after.
You kind of end up as a red headed step child looking for wagon parts !

suede57ford

I don't think that piece of rubber is reproduced.    I lucked accross a nos one a while back, as I grabbed it when I found it.

Hopefully you can come up with something universal or another application, that may work.   Please let us know what you come up with, so we have a source.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

petew

Quote from: suede57ford on 2013-08-12 19:10
I don't think that piece of rubber is reproduced.    I lucked accross a nos one a while back, as I grabbed it when I found it.

Hopefully you can come up with something universal or another application, that may work.   Please let us know what you come up with, so we have a source.

I will post what I come up with. So far I have found a weather strip that seals the rear deck lid on 1960's VW beetles . It is very close to what I need and readily available . The other one that looks close , believe it or not, is the rubber strip that seals a model T windshield frame to the body . That is also readily available. I need to remove a piece from my car and really compare them, I'll keep you all posted.

Pete

petew

Cut a piece of the weather strip out and it's not the T shape that I thought it was. Sent pics and measurements to Steele Rubber to see what they have that's close.