News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Vent Window interchange

Started by DanTudor57, 2018-08-31 22:42

Previous topic - Next topic

DanTudor57

Are the vent window assemblies interchangeable between the Custom and the Fairlane models, the 2-door and 4-door models? I'm looking at the entire vent assembly -- including the vent window, frame, and main window channel

I have a 2 door custom, and found what appear to be nice replacements, buy they are from a 4 door. My only option at this point is to pull the current  assembly and taking it with me to compare.

Thanks

RICH MUISE

I'm 98% 99% sure Fairlane models won't work. Fairlanes have a shorter roofline.  Custom, courier, or Ranchero are the same for 2 door, don't know about 4 dr Custom, but I suspect they are the same. If no one here knows for sure, you might try calling a glass supplier, like Auto City Classic and see what they say. If the glass is the same, the assembly should be the same also.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

X2  I've used vent window parts and/or whole vent and division bar from Custom, Ranchero, Wagon, two or four door.  Will not interchange with the long frame models.  If looking for vent frame parts, there are two different styles of vent window frames with a different upper pivot pin.  One has a groove and the other does not.  The grooved one will work to replace the un-grooved but not the other way around.  It is not uncommon to find the grooved one broken.