News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mystery object

Started by rmk57, 2013-09-02 13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Anybody out there know what this thing is?
A buddy of mine took a picture of it in a small town in northern B.C.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

I'm gonna guess it's some kind of early farm equiptment used to grind up stuff like corn stalks, ears of corn, etc. for animal feed. Maybe to grind up animal bones? Anyway..looks like a big mulching type wheel in the center. Maybe Gasman knows..he's an old farmboy.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

glen b henderson

I know exactly what it is, I still have my dad's. It is a corn sheller, after removing the shucks, you stick the cob in the top and turn the handle, it rotates the cob pulling the kernels off.
Freedom is not Free

RICH MUISE

I have a corn sheller, but it is a much smaller version. That's what got me to thinking along those lines. I bought mine in an antique shop in the hills of west Virginia probably 30 years ago. Dude said it belonged to some old hillbilly that lived way up in the back roads. Got all the metal pieces restored , never redid the oak cabinet it came in.
Of course you know they were used to make moonshine for the '57 Ford delivery guys.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Thanks everyone! Mystery solved.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

I'm in!!!!

corn sheller

JPotter57

I was just about to say that Glen.  My mom has one I think, that belonged to  her dad.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

It is a corn sheller, can't tell you how many hours were spent feeding that bad boy.  We (Dad and I) hooked it up to an electric motor, turned them out pretty fast!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Hoosier Hurricane

We also used ours to take the hulls off of black walnuts.  I still have a couple shellers.    John