News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Newbe

Started by FoMoCo57, 2007-12-09 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCo57

Hey everyone. I have watching this site for a few years now, just recently getting involved as a member. Got some great
info for a Ranchwagon project. My first car was a big block Mustang. Broke so many parts that I needed something
dependable to get to work. That car was a 58 rancharo. Had a 57 nose, slot mags and pinto bucket seats. The
352 smoked more than me. When my brother wrecked his mustang I robbed the 289 and toploaded
put into the 58. Drove the wheels off that thing.  Now to present day... a Ranchwagon, stuffing a 351c and
C6 combo. Working off and on for 4 years, and now will be moving to Arkanas soon. Have some spare parts
to sell, hopely someone here can use. When I can get used to this site will post them in the for sale
section. Thank all of you for to info in the past, maybe I can return the favor........

wolfpupsdad

as a fellow 57 ranchwagon owner i'm always interested in parts and other ideas, mine is a 390 powered top loader trans car, rack and pinion added and other then then stock looking except for the craiger SS wheels. keep us posted.
bill

KidKourier

Welcome FoMoCo57, always nice to have new members! I'm always looking for parts and new ideas,and new projects so bring them on. I was looking for a 2 dr Ranch Wagon(still got an eye open)but ended up with a "57 Courier"-- running a modified Y-block--4 speed-- 2 tone paint-power rack/pinion--power disc brakes. I have a 351-C in the garage waiting to be built but my right foot is begging for a 460 (i.e.- 514-557 persuasion) need alot of torque to move a brick (lol). Again welcome!   SKIP

shopratwoody

Welcome,
The more the better....also ie cubic inches
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Welcome to the club.  As you know we are in the process of getting back into a real club and you are very welcome. 

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the 57 Ranchwagon, I'd love to get another one someday.  I remember throwing newspapers from the back of my folks yellow & white Ranchwagon, when it was raining too hard for delivering on my bike.  Nothing like sitting on the tailgate and whipping papers right & left.  The route sure went faster, too.  Other than having to fold and wrap the papers in wax paper, I always looked forward to rainy days.  Of course that was 49 - 50 years ago.  I prefer to keep my Custom 300 out of the rain these days. as cleaning the engine compartment can be a real chore after driving in the rain.

Bob
57AGIN

Frankenstein57

Nice ride BOB,  that explains the smile.   Mark