News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ranchero vs. 57 Del Rio Wagon

Started by CableguyJJS3, 2013-09-24 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CableguyJJS3

I finally completed my portion of the Ranchero project, making it road worthy and driveable, and now I've delivered it to NY so it can hang out with it's new best friends. The sedan was put up but my dad had the wagon out so a couple of pics of them for ya. He's building the 406's for them and will paint them up. The Ranchero came out good, once we got the carb straight that was the last piece missing. Fires right up, purrs good and drives nice, best of all stops like a beast with the 4 wheel discs. Overall I'm extremely pleased with the work I did and how everything came out. Not done yet, but a heck of a lot closer than when I got it. Sorry for the bad pics, enjoy though!!

Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

57 Ford Kustom

The cars look great, what did your Dad have to do to install those 56' F100 head light rings in the wagon? Thanks, Tim  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

I'm curious about what the wheels are on the Ranchero. Got a close up pic?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CableguyJJS3

I have no knowledge of anything about the headlights on the wagon. He hasn't touched the car in the slightest since he bought it 5 years ago other than an intake manifold and trying to clean the gas tank. The headlights are frenched in with those rings, and a similar treatment on the rear. I know he isn't a fan of either, so they will be redone when paint time comes and they will go back to stock.

As for the wheels Rich, they are scabs I bought as rollers from the junkyard. If memory serves they are mid to late 90's Lincoln wheels, but I believe they are the same as the same era Crown Vic wheels. I will say for junkyard scabs they don't look half bad. Need some center caps, so I'll look for some next trip to the boneyard. Here's the only other pic I have of them.

RICH MUISE

Yeah, those are Lincolns..saw some in a yard last week. I didn't think the bolt pattern was the same as the 5 on 4 1/2's the '57's have.... The Markviii's had a 5 on 4 1/4
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CableguyJJS3

Yeah the Mark, the TBird, the Cougar and the Taurus all have the 5 x 4 1/4 patteren. Most everything else Ford with a 5 lug is the 5 x 4 1/2 Mustang, Crown Vic, Town Car, Grand Marquis stuff like that. I doubt the wheels will stay, but like I said, not half bad for junkyard scabs. And certainly not bad for the 50 bucks I paid for all 4.